ONE NIGHT ONLY AT THE LARK DRIVE-IN! DON’T MISS!
Official Website: www.manhattanshort.com
Film lovers around the world will unite between September 24 to October 31 to view and vote on the nine finalists’ films in the 23rd Annual MANHATTAN SHORT Film Festival. MANHATTAN SHORT is the only event of its kind. The Final Nine screen simultaneously across the world during a one-month period, with the Best Film and Best Actor awards determined by ballots cast by the audiences in each participating venue.
This year’s Final Nine selections use drama, comedy and animation to address an astonishing number of themes, ranging from identity to parenthood to the seemingly universal frustration caused by the Department of Motor Vehicles no matter the country. The directorial voices are both male and female from countries large and small, often inspired by personal and sometimes harrowing, experience. This year’s Final Nine screening also is a rare instance when gripping dramas from Iran, Israel, and the State of Palestine are featured in the same program.
YOU BE THE JUDGE!
The judges of the Finalists’ Films are you!
Upon entry at all participating venues, festival attendees are handed a Voting Card and an Official Program, and asked to vote for the ONE Film and Actor they feel should win. Votes are tallied by each host venue then emailed to our NYC headquarters.
Winner will be announced at ManhattanShort.com on Sunday November 1 at 10am EST.
FILM FEST PROGRAM
INTRODUCING the 9 FINALISTS of the MANHATTAN SHORT FILM FESTIVAL. The 9 Finalists in the 2020 edition of the MANHATTAN SHORT FILM FESTIVAL were selected from among 971 entries from 54 countries. Now you get to choose which of the Final Nine is best! These films will screen in over 400 cities on six continents September 24 – October 31. And the judges of these films are you, the audience. On entry to each venue, you will be handed a ballot card that allows you to VOTE for the BEST SHORT FILM and ACTOR at the conclusion of the program. Votes will be sent to MANHATTAN SHORT’s headquarters and the winner will be announced at ManhattanShort.com on Sunday November 1 at 10am EST. The directors and actors anxiously await your decision.
Drive-In location: 1557 Redwood Hwy, Corte Madera
Gates open one hour prior to showtime.
Cars must be in place by showtime.
*** WE ARE STRICTLY ENFORCING SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES FOR YOUR SAFETY AND THE SAFETY OF OTHERS. **
LARK DRIVE-IN POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- We are operating under new state guidelines. Click here for more information.
- Patrons must remain in their vehicles at all times except to use the restrooms or to make food purchases at nearby restaurants.
- Mouth and nose coverings are require at all times outside your vehicle or when windows are rolled down, and you must maintain 6’ distance from others.
Know your vehicle prior to attending! Please familiarize yourself with your vehicle’s accessory switch and how to turn your headlights off.
- Gate opens one hour prior to showtime. Cars must be in place by showtime.
- Vehicle lights will be requested to remain off during the showing of the film.
- Tickets are General Admission – there is no assigned parking.
- We are unable to accomodate special requests for parking, nor can we accommodate recreational vehicles (e.g., Motor homes, Fifth Wheels, Trailers).
- Cars must be at legal occupancy and occupants of the same household.
- There will be designated parking for trucks and larger vehicles. To the best of our ability, we will try to place vehicles with the best sight lines possible.
- In order to accommodate vehicles wishing to tailgate, your vehicle will be placed in a manner that does not obstruct the view of the vehicles behind you. Please inform our parking staff on arrival if you would like to tailgate.
- You must remain inside your vehicle and visiting with others is not allowed.
- Outdoor cooking is not allowed.
Keep Your Area Clean!
- Patrons must pack out their trash and belongings before leaving the premise.
Guests who cannot or will not comply with the policies listed above will be asked to leave the premises, and no refunds will be given.
TWO WAYS TO LISTEN
DOWNLOAD AUDIO INSTRUCTIONS
Know your vehicle prior to attending! Please familiarize yourself with your vehicle’s audio features.
- Tune-in to 91.3fm (radio station subject to change)
Mobile Device (Smartphones/Tablets)
Note: Audio reception and quality may vary depending on your device and location.
- Download AUDIOFETCH app on your smartphone
- Open the app. You will be prompted to connect to “AudioFetch-Enabled WiFi”
- Go to your WiFi settings and connect to “LARK Shortrange” or “LARK Longrange”
- Restarts AUDIOFETCH and begin listening.
- Troubleshooting Tip: Close any app you are not using and restart AUDIOFETCH.